This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Wharfedale Homes Ltd, Unit 5, Whitfield Business Park, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire HG5 8BS
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
We record all calls to Wharfedale Homes Ltd for training and quality purposes.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- The source of your enquiry
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
We do not sell customer’s personal data to third parties and will only use your personal information to provide you with details of our own products, properties or developments which we believe will be of interest to you.
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
How we keep your data secure
We understand the importance of keeping your data secure. We take all reasonable necessary steps to ensure that your data is treated securely, in accordance with this policy, in order to prevent your data being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. For example, in certain situations we use encryption for the storage and transfer of data and in other situations we use password protection.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) effective from 25th May 2018, every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – you have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – you have the right to request that Wharfedale Homes Ltd correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that Wharfedale Homes Ltd completes information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – you have the right to request that Wharfedale Homes Ltd erases your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – you have the right to request that Wharfedale Homes Ltd restricts the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – you have the right to request that Wharfedale Homes Ltd transfers the data the we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email email@example.com or write to: Wharfedale Homes Ltd, Unit 5, Whitfield Business Park, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire HG5 8BS.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write to us at: Wharfedale Homes Ltd, Unit 5, Whitfield Business Park, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire HG5 8BS.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) .
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) effective from 25th May 2018.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.wharfedalehomes.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.